Saturday 6 December 2014

Advent reviews 5:

'Christmas in the Stars' (Star Wars Christmas Album)

Emma: **
Charlie: *.5

Emma: I'll allow that some people are most likely incredibly fond of this due to nostalgia. And that's ok. But I think we can all agree there's nothing to be fond of musically in endless awkward robot babble over mediocre children's choir. Sure, titles like "What do you get a Wookie for Christmas (when he already has a comb)" seem endearing, but not for an hour. Not really for four minutes, even.

Charlie: I came to this having heard only that is was better than you'd expect, given how bad the Star Wars Christmas Special is. (I also haven't seen the SWCS— all I've heard is that it's even worse than you'd expect.) In this case, I have to say: it isn't. Better. Than you'd think. It is exactly as bad as you might expect. Lazy in execution, obviously thrown together to make a buck rather than out of love for the Star Wars universe; its redeeming quality is a bit of musical playfulness and a teaspoonful of humour stretched out thinly over the vast expanse of the album's length.

Adding it to the list: Nope, sorry.

1 comment:

Ione said...

Not one I ever need to hear then. Time saved.