Sunday 9 December 2012

Dec 9th, what an advent day.



I have a ginger kitten that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very very furry from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I am put to bed.

The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to growl –
Not at all like proper babies, with no teeth to show;
For he sometimes shoots off faster than an India-rubber ball,
And he sometimes gets so sleepy that he’s no more fun at all.

3 comments:

erin k h said...

is that rudyard kipling? (wow how do you spell that?) i have a little shadow...

and oh hey! there. fixiecat.

Ione said...

Awe, Declan's poem for his buddy Fixie.
Erin you have the right era and a British poet, but I think this is from The Child's Garden of Verses (where is that book? do I have it?) Robert Louis Stevenson.

erin k h said...

oh yes oh yes. i can picture it. i think it is in the basement... emma?