Sunday 8 July 2007

manditory introduction post.

Well, here it is. The manditory introduction post. Just like it says, there, in the heading. A small sort of celebration for the birth of just what the cyber-universe needs: another blog. Another blog about telling every sound engineer from Bristol to Brighton that it's not a violin and other heart-stoppingly entertaining tales of a professional freelance violist. Here's a sample, based on true facts of today:

Today we played a festival in a small sunny town. There were a lot of children at our show, more than usual. And less parents, maybe none at all, as no one seemed to want to take responsibility for baby one - who entered stage left, climbing up and onto the stage during the set. I smiled at it. It smiled back. It climbed back down and into the crowd. No parents involved at any time. - or baby two, entering stage right, putting small stones into its mouth gleefully. A photographer (not a parent) moved this one out of the way. In any case, we now have a nice new band slogan:

The Cedar, as appealing to babies as stones.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get to leave the first comment ever on "not a violin" - sweet! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, I look forward to staying 100% up to date on all things Bath/The Cedar/UEA!

tori said...

Awesome. I like stones too. No wait, I like THE stones.

Emma said...

Yes, I can offer up-to-dateness on all those things...except maybe the Stones...I'll try, sure, but, um, no promises in that department....

Brianne said...

Hey Emma, it's me Brianne Arch-nemesis. Welcome to blogging! What kind of music does your group play? I'm over in Italy if you ever need a sub. Not so much playing on this second-world island. (Sicily)

Robin said...

i wish i had an arch nemesis.

oh no, wait. That's not true.

Harry Man said...

Yah! Super awesome blog-guy. Well it looks like we're all going to be up to date and not at all taking notes for a forthcoming novel about somebody else's life... no, of course, I wouldn't ever do... [oh wait what does that say.. oh yah, got it] that...

Emma said...

Brianne, I'm sure the ryan-air fare from Sicily to here is about the same price as getting a violist here on the train from London, so you're in. It'd be great, you'd be canadian, have similar hair, no one would need know there had been a swap.

My main group, the Cedar, are kind of Sufjan meets penguin cafe meets arcade fire, if I had to say. Otherwise lots of freelance folk and classical, mainly. The british South-West is a strange paradise for violists, you should come by some time.

Brianne said...

I'm envious of the plethora of work you seem to be getting. Luckily I'm outta here in less than a year.... I'm hoping San Diego will have more opportunities.

Maybe I'll have twins and my team will double yours. mwahahahaha. Actually, not funny. Don't want twins. Not even to defeat you.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't that be mandatory??
anonymous