Saturday 21 July 2007

He that brings them together


I'm sorry. I've got to do just a little tiny Harry Potter post. More of a comment, really, on the social phenomenon created by a book.

A book!

How wonderful is it, that a book can make over 300 people go stand in line outside in the rain for three hours at midnight? In costume!

So, yes, I went, my friends went, most of Bath went, to the official releasing of the last Potter book last night. The bookshop was nicely located between high-street bars so that all the late-night drinking punters could heckle us as they stumbled home. Nothing like a confrontation between a stag party and a load of adults dressed as owls.

(For the record, I only had ten minutes to make my costume, between the end of a gig and the beginning of Potter fun. So. I was a wand.)

3 comments:

Robin said...

a wand with Harry Potter glasses? Do you have a peacock tailfeather inside of you?

tori said...

Awesome. I'm not sure what I thought you looked like, but I can tell you that I wasn't expecting Harry Potter. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Harry Potter would say if he knew that a wand had stolen his glasses...