Tuesday 28 August 2007

Cut Yourself


Cut your own hair. Really, you should try it. It's scary at first, but then you've made the first cut and there's no turning back and it's not so bad really, not so bad at all.

It took me twenty-six years to realize I can cut my own hair, for free! Any time I want! No need for expensive salons, awkward stylist chat, trying to figure out how to word what you want, exactly... Really, people, it's not very hard, and, in the words of Regina Spektor:




maybe you should cut your own hair
cause that can be so funny
it doesn't cost any money
and it always grows back, hair grows even after you're dead.

9 comments:

Harry Man said...

You are so so good at cutting your hair.
This weekend your hair was my favourite.
And you're my favourite too.

GTCS
(Gunners Thirtymaker Cat-Simmons)

Anonymous said...

remember what happens when i cut my own hair? remember??? not good things. never good things. things that make travis gorez use me as a horror story to all his clients... sorry. i just can't take you up on that suggestion.

Brianne said...

i've cut my own hair on and off for years. i always like the result though when i do go back to a hairstylist, he/she always catches me.

I always cut my own bangs though. I haven't let anyone touch them for years.

Emma said...

My hair-cutter hasn't caught me, though I have a feeling she's probably just pretending not to notice.... The bangs (or "fringe" like they say here) are definitely all mine. No one else understands their subtlety....

Anonymous said...

I've been cutting my own hair for months! Ok, shaving is a little easier than cutting but still. Welcome to the club!

Erin that makes 2 of the 3 hooper kids cutting their own hair - join us. Jooooin us!

tori said...

I LOVE this post.

If you're feeling really adventurous, you should consider trying this:
http://www.laidlawfdn.org/cms/page1495.cfm

tori said...

this also came to mind when I read your blog:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/44466

Emma said...

Tori, I LOVE that article about the kids' haircuts. Brilliant. That's what I call performative art.

tori said...

one might consider the other to be performative art as well...