Sunday 5 August 2007

Why we need our own publicist.

I don't know who gets the job of writing the blurbs for bands on leaflets, but I certainly hope it's not their only job. The Cedar are playing Moles Club on Wednesday night, and here's what the leaflet says about us:


"To call Neil Gay a singer songwriter is an injustice as great as calling a beautiful summer sunset 'quite nice'. The lyrics vary between the intensely personal & universal truththat strike a chord with everyone. When live the emotion of the song is brought to the fore producing a captivating experience that keeps audiences listing in rapt silence." [sic]

Oh those audiences. Always listing.

So, fellow logophiles, how many errors can you spot?

6 comments:

tori said...

I'm not sure you need a publicist...but you could use a few commas

Anonymous said...

Wow, that really painted the picture for me. I know all the best concerts I’ve been to have involved silent audiences (rapt or otherwise)…

Robin said...

my head just exploded

Emma said...

I knew you'd have that kind of reaction Robin. Me too. Me too.

Anonymous said...

i didn't notice anything wrong with it. what?

(see, it's funny cause i'm the stupid youngest child. and i edit for you...)

Harry Man said...

Neil Gay can't go on facebook. Neil Gay has a face.
Neil Gay owns a book.

Can I write some lyrics for you (sorry I guess kinda off topic really)

really.

h