Thursday 19 January 2012

Back at: It.


And, January stretches on. Doesn't it? It sure does.

But, part of the stretching, at least, is caused by the fact that we try to squeeeze all our hopes and aspirations for the new year into it. A non-comprehensive list of some of these for me:

1) Gigs

2) Dino Comics by me and my friends

3) Moss


1) has been going well, with three WFTB gigs already this year, two of which were awesome, performance-wise, and all of which were awesome, audience-wise. The last of these three was in London, in a mega hip bar in Hoxton, and a scary-but-necessary chance to see whether I have any actual 'real fans who aren't' a) my friends/family or b) German (no offense to my awesome German fans.) And. Hey. Turns out I do. I actually made money (one reason of many why I don't like gigging in London is this payment policy they have where they ask everyone as they come in, who they have come to see. (There were five bands playing the night I played). And then they only give you the money (50% of the money, in fact) from the people who say they are coming to see you, specifically, over all the other bands. eeeee.) But, yeah! People! Money! This one especially awesome couple who sat near the front and were both wearing ironic wild-life sweaters and came up afterwards to ask when the bugs album would come out were especially neat. Them and another couple, from the back, who were told to come by a friend in New York City who discovered my stuff accidentally while trying to old Tori Amos tracks. So. That's happening again.

2) As we all know (or don't know) I got a dino-comic whiteboard for Christmas. I will be making (/letting) each houseguest/visitor to our flat make a dino-comic with it, and will post the plethora of dino-comics that ensue*. First up, Ben M. (see above.)


3) You'll see.

*Sorry Erin, I was going to post yours, but it got spread-o'd and smudge-o'd in my suitcase. You have to come do another.

1 comment:

erin k h said...

i hope you know that you are going to be mega-famous soon, and you should be prepared for that. (please remember to endorse my blog when you are.)
also. sosan sure does love her morning walk! man!