Saturday 23 July 2011

these people

There are some times, not very many times, but some times, when you meet people, as a musician, other musicians, and you fit together so so perfect, like hands folded, like of course, this is what it means, to play together, not play with, but play together; and they are with you anywhere you go, anywhere you take the phrase, and you are with them, the same, because it's a dance, but no one's leading and no one's following, you're just all dancing, together, like breathing, or knowing, and there are no sheets, no scores, because you're not music reproducers, you're music makers, right now, this and this and this, and really you're not even music makers, but music maker, one, together, and we could have gone on like this forever.

Lea, Guido, Francois, cello, violin, bass, thank you for reminding me, for playing with me, for playing together.

X e
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I realize I'm the business sibling and you're the writing sibling but I'm going to ask the question anyways: run on sentence? Discuss.

Also, being a Folk Fest this weekend really made me think that the Cedar (or Waitress for the Bees) needs to do a Canadian FF tour...

Ione said...

Its about form, isn't it? One long flow of thought mimics the flow of the music.
Or, truly now, Chris is right, its your basic run on sentence. Every now and then one just escapes you.

Emma said...

Oh man, Chris, you should try reading Ulysses. Yikes, that guy had a run-on sentence issue like nobody's business...

(And, yep, mom, yep. Breathlessness.)

(And, yep, Chris, yea! I know! But I don't know how to do that! All my contacts are on the wrong side of the water...need to amend that...)