Sunday 19 October 2008

Okay...run!


This morning I ran a half-marathon with no training or fore-thought or preparation whatever. Okay, no training is a slight exaggeration, as, yes, I have been doing my regular running routine. But just that, just the regular, no special half training.

But, yesterday, Allan emailed me to say, 'hey, wanna run the Salisbury half tomorrow?'

And I said, "Ok. Why not?"

We were late leaving the house this morning and were filling out our registration forms at 10.58am for an 11am start. We were pinning on our numbers when the gun went, and were officially the very very last starters. The crowd loved us.

And it was great! A race with no time to worry and no expectations. A race really, just for fun. It was great. And I felt strong and fast and smooth. And we were far from the very very last finishers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the beautiful Salisbury half, and on the spur of the moment, too. The news makes us smile; the two 1/2 runners in the photo make us laugh. Congratulations Emma and Allan.

Brianne said...

Yay half-marathons! Good job!

Anonymous said...

That is hella-awesome. Can I say hella-awesome on this blog? Too late, I already said it. Awesome that I said it. Hella-awesome.

erin k h said...

what the hella is wrong with you chris?

get it?
(man, what a family of hella-awesome...)