Sunday 1 December 2013

Advent-Blogger


Okay. Let's face it. I'm no blogger. Not regular enough, not committed, all that. And that's fine. Because I've realized what I actually am. And what I actually am is: AN ADVENT BLOGGER.

Destined to blog like a chocolate calendar. twenty-four (five?) times a year in a neat little falling domino-stack of December excitement. So. See you back here each December? Cool.

And, guess what? It's December NOW! The first, in fact. Which means: ADVENT BLOGGER CALENDAR TIME! So, you all ask, what festive treats to be found "behind" these "doors" this year? The answer is both easy and thrilling. This year will be the year of:

Sainsbury's Basics Slogans.

For those who aren't a) British or b) Still living like an undergrad let me explain: Sainsbury's is a big grocery store here in the UK, and they have a "basics" line, where you can buy, for example, a bag (boxes are for the posh) of cornflakes for 31p. Or a jar of curry sauce for 17p. The packaging is always the ugliest possible orange-and-white design to signal off anyone with any money or taste, and always features a slightly self-effacing slogan. I freakin LOVE Sainsbury's Basics. WHAT A DEAL! So. This year, each frosty December morning, I'll post one of these most-oft hilarious slogans, and, what you can do, dear readers, is try to guess what kind of grocery product they represent. You can also guess the price if you want.

I will endeavor to only post products that we actually have in the house. Our very own little slices of shameful penny-pinching/best deals ever.  Merry Christmas everyone!

And, to get the ball rolling, here is slogan number one:

"cleans. no added promises."

4 comments:

Ione said...

Toothpaste, weird tasting toothpaste

Robin said...

I know what it is but only because I cheated and used Google. Merry Advent to you, Advent-Blogger!

erin k h said...

mom is probably right, but maybe also: vinegar??

Unknown said...

I have used (and liked, weirdly) that toothpaste. I know one of these (and so I wasn't going to guess) but Emma says there are actually TWO products with this slogan, so I will try to guess the other one... which I think is dish soap.