Thursday 12 February 2009

I can see the logic in that

In university (third year?) I took Philosophy 205* 'Logic' with Peter Vetsch, to fulfill my formal maths requirement. That was fun. Except the why-didn't-you-choose-chartreuse?! rift between us during that exercise based on the prisoner's dilemma. In any case, it was mostly fun, that logic, but

not as fun as the new kind of logic I got today!

Today I got, and learned to use (thanks Neil!) Logic Pro 8. The recording/mixing/playing-with-sound-for-hours software. It is so deeply powerful and detailed and yet so easy to use. My very first Logic Opus was called Cryolophosaurus and features Melodica, Kalimba, Musical Saw, Singing, Whirring, and Whispering. So much fun. It will no doubt be, in the macrocosm, the death of professional recording studios, and, in the microcosm, the death of my phd reading.





*That's probably not the real number. I don't remember the real number.

No comments: