Tuesday 30 October 2007

You can never get enough.


The most tumultuous relationship I have, tumbling from want to need to obsession easily, even naturally, is the relationship I have with cereal.

Oh, cereal.

So fast! Instant gratification! So filling! All those carbs mixed with all that milky protein! So good. Just, so good.

I let so many important nutritional opportunities pass me by: slow-cooked stews, veggie lasagnas, five-green salads with home-made dressings, caught as I am in the wicked web of cereal.

I make plans, great plans for myself and my stomach, but then, well, I get hungry, really hungry, and cereal's right there for me, quick, easy, delicious.

One of these days I'll work up the courage to kick it out of my house, if not my life, at least for a week or so. But right now, I'm just so hungry....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's that bowl, tfull of nostalgia, there's your problem.

Anonymous said...

Kick cereal out of your house? That's crazy talk. You must be hungry... I'm sure you'll start thinking more clearly after a nice bowl of Vector. Ummmm Vector...

Anonymous said...

i love cereal, it is true. but i recently have had a worse problem with microwaved eggs. and i think that might be a far worse thing... i'm concerned about our family and our addictive personalities.

Emma said...

microwave eggs are worse because the dish is harder to clean.

We seem to have a breakfast specific obsession...

Chris, I wish, I wish. Unfortunately, Vector had an even harder time getting a UK visa than me and has not yet made it in....

Harry Man said...

oh yah, like that guy who just went around killing all those breakfast all the times.

damn cereal killer.

Oh and I wrote to Kelloggs about their lack of Vector in the UK once. They wrote back thanking me for my interest, etc. etc. but that essentially it wasn't possible to expand the cereal overseas. So disappointed... so disappointed.

Harry Man said...

er.. I mean breakfasts