Friday 12 October 2007

I'm a maybe not genius


So. I had a brilliant idea the other night. For the artwork on the Cedar's ever-so-close-to-ready next EP. See, I teach (approximately) a million children a week, and very often while I'm teaching them, their siblings are just sat there. Watching. Making noise. Drooling*.

So, why not put them to work?

The album sleeves we get are originally blank, white, and then you print whatever on them. What if I just kept a pile of them with a pile of crayons and had all these children draw whatever they wanted all over them? No two alike!

Brilliant?

Or, perhaps, as I've been thinking a bit more, recently, probably a really bad idea, and a bit too much like child labour for comfort?




*Dependant on age.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first thought - yes, brilliant. Especially if you allow a ration of glitter and glue.

Anonymous said...

i think it is brilliant. except for the part where I don't get to draw on your album covers with crayons. come ON! that is what I DO. I have a degree in that.

tori said...

I love this idea. Erin raises a good point - it shouldn't be limited to the kids. You have virtual friends and family that you can put to work.

Harry Man said...

What about some facebook graffiti-based competition also? Lots of untrained people drawing everywhere... may the best drawing win! Lots of different covers everywhere... all the covers of the rainbow.

(what? it's a good pun!)