Wednesday 3 November 2010

"How intra-textual musical association in novels develops and defines literary character"

And, just like that, I'm

A DOCTOR!

A real, live, PhD-haver. I am.

(From the University of East Anglia. Here is their awesome crest:)



And, the best thing about it is that I really learned tonnes and tonnes of stuff. I am so grateful to Stephen, my supervisor, for being an incredibly picky (in the kindest way) stickler for academic preciseness, clarity, knowledge and evidence. I know I would never have been able to hold my own confidently in this incredibly competitive, terrifying, and stringent world of 'real high academia' without his guidance.

So, if anyone's curious about Derridian implications of literary polyphony, just let me know. In the meantime, I'm gonna go change my title on my Grocery store club-points card...

HURRAH!

(And, as an after-thought. This probably marks the end of 26 years of nearly-consecutive schooling. wow.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"probably" marks the end?

Ione said...

Last day of school; I hope you took a photo to close off the series of first day photos. Remember the first first, when Rick walked you into Ecole Frere Antoine, hand in hand?

Congratulations is too small a word. You know all the big words now, so please use them to imagine how happy we are for you.

Robin said...

Wow! Congratulations. :)