Thursday 17 June 2010

co-op coup

So. It's the world cup. Right now. And, as a proud Canadian, I don't really care much. I mean, it's not the OLYMPICS or anything. But, whoa, this country, this UKland, certainly does care. And uses that care to sell things, like yogurt and small sausages.

Consider, if you will, this gallery of products I found lurking at my local Co-op:


Pizza. An appropriate football-watching snack-food. Also, it's round. Like a ball. In 2-D.


Cheese-in-wax. Festive! Also, somewhat round.



I'm not sure what a 'Frube' is, but I think it involves yogurt. Which could help if you were, say, playing football but also felt bloated.


Coke, of course.


And, of course, Pepsi.


And where would professional sporting be solid blocks of calorie?


And, finally, soccer-ball-shaped-buns. Because you are what you eat. Or, rather, you are good at playing games that involve things that look like what you eat. Go England!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm hungry for soccer-theme items - thanks a lot!

erin k h said...

buy me those buns! send me those buns!

Ione said...

Find me somethings small, and that will survive in a suitcase via France, so I can bring them back with me in July. Meanwhile, there are small crowds at La Pasta in HUB, big crowds at the Italian shop, and various early-opening pubs. We have what little Cup fun we can find.

Jane Winter said...

at least they're being patriotic!!
maybe the amount of people who buy frubes- which are very fun to jump on- will determine if england win or not today? they already are an epic fail, so why not pin their hopes on yoghurt??