Thursday 14 February 2008

Extra extra


When you're an extra for the BBC, they feed you on a bus. There's a double-decker bus that's full of tables and doesn't actually drive anywhere and you go there, with all the other extras, and eat all the great, free food they give you to make you not feel bad about just being an extra.

There's going to be a program on BBC1 soon called Bone Kickers. It's like a British/Welsh/female version of Indiana Jones, or so I'm told. And one of the episodes has American journalists in it. And, because I'm Canadian, I sound American, so I got to be one of them. And eat on a bus.

And buy the first (and most likely only) business suit I've ever owned. Because they feed you well, but you provide your own skirt and jacket, thanks very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you even have a line? And they still only gave you food? You totally should have held out for food AND drinks.

Emma said...

But Chris...it wasn't just food...they had the LITTLE BOXES OF CEREAL! You know the kind. A multipack. Oh, my heart melts.

(Also they paid us.)

Anonymous said...

LITTLE BOXES OF CEREAL? Free? Remember what your Mother taught you about the great value of breakfast food offered at the buffet.
Did your business suit have wide sleeves?

Emma said...

Ha ha. I have to admit I may have put two of those little boxes in my suit bag....