Saturday 24 November 2007

The story behind Advent


Hello everyone. Don't we all love Christmas? Admit it, we do. And, really, even more than Christmas, don't we all love advent? The anticipation, the tension in the air, the calendars with the little doors...

Well, I do. I love it.

So, inspired by my brilliant writer friend Ros, here's what I'm going to do for you people, blog-readers: I'm going to give you an advent calendar. And advent calendar story. Every day, starting December first, (that's one week from today, ONE WEEK!) I'll give you another short installment. The story will culminate on December 24, with the end of advent (and start of Even More Fun).

Now. Don't go thinking I'm just going to chop some old story up and feed it to you in pieces. No way. I don't even know what I'm going to write about yet, actually; I'll make it up as I go along. And you can take part in the adventure!

Now isn't that festive?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waah Hooo Finally, after years of assisting the Elf with advent calendars, 24 days of total surprises for me and for the Elf too!

Anonymous said...

hooray! the advent-ture!

Anonymous said...

wheee! fun! But, doesn't advent start on Dec 2nd? I'm just sayin'...

Harry Man said...

That would be Adventageous to start some storying on the 2nd...